Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Talent

I'm watching/listening to a Victorious episode right now. Many people would stare at me in horror either because it's Nickolodeon or shallow in character, but I don't really care. I'm listening to the song "Favorite Foods" and trying to discern the harmony lines. I can't really hear a couple of the people, but I can make out a few.
Moving on to today's question, what are you good at?
It's very important to know what you're good at. Then you can weigh what you can do versus what you want to do. I'm good at math and grammar, but I love drawing and writing and dreaming. According to that, it feels like writing might be what I get into. Except I hate thinking about the future, but I'll have to eventually.
Also, you have to think to yourself "I am good at something." If you don't, you're not happy with yourself or you haven't tried enough. I have a friend who thinks she's not good at anything. She's a master at piano, she's very smart, she's hardworking, she's very loyal to her faith, and she makes sure that none of us (her friends) end up as mass murderers. But she has self esteem issues. I love her to pieces, but don't be like her. You'll only end up more broken than you have to be. No one on this Earth is without talent. Even if you say you only have talent at, say, shoplifting, that's not necessarily true. What makes you a good shoplifter (for example)? A light touch? Managing to be inconspicuous? Those skills can go to other things too. Spying, being a masseuse, things like that.
Now, I'm good at plenty of stuff, and I try to showcase my talent as much as possible. I don't like seeming flawed. Because of this, I sing and write and do math as much as possible.
I'm not saying be like me either. Sometimes, it's okay to seem flawed. It's not fun, but you learn things about yourself.
So I ask you again, what are you good at? I also ask you, what can you be good at?

No comments:

Post a Comment